If you think you may soon be experiencing a financial setback, Five County Credit Union is here to help.
| When to seek help
Possible Solutions | Contact us
As your member-owned local financial institution, Five County is there for its members regardless of the challenges they are facing.
We understand that the economy has had a profound effect on many people’s finances. Many individuals have experienced a reduction in hours at work or a layoff. We also know that various other difficult situations, from a divorce to a death in the family, can cause money troubles and stress.
| Doing Nothing is Your Worst Option
Ideally, we would like members to contact us before the situation becomes overwhelming. We understand that discussing these things can be challenging, and sometimes embarrassing. Rest assured that we are here to listen and to help whenever we can.
Everyone’s situation is unique, and we will attempt to develop a solution to fit your individual needs.
- Re-writing or doing an extension (deferral) on your Five County loan (approval required): With this option, we can determine whether we can extend the term of your loan and/or lower your payments to make your budget more comfortable.
- Refinance of real estate or a debt consolidation loan (approval required): We offer competitive interest rates and may be able to help you combine your debts into one affordable payment.
- Credit Report Review: Five County would be happy to review your credit report with you and offer suggestions on how to maximize your credit score.
- Other possibilities: We are also happy to review your budget with you, aid in how to initiate a credit bureau dispute, refer you to a credit counseling agency, and other options.
Above all, we are here to provide relationship banking with trusted solutions. We hope that we can develop a solution to ease the financial strain for you and your family. Please contact us today!
(800) 750-0959. Ask to speak with a Financial Resolutions Specialist or your local Branch Manager.
Five County Credit Union
Attention: Financial Resolutions
PO Box 598
Bath, ME 04530
Financial Resolutions Manager: Shawna Chute
For security purposes, please provide a valid telephone number when e-mailing so we are able to communicate with you in the most effective manner.